topic title goes here
Biotechnology and Genomics
- Evaluate societal and ethical issues in biotechnology.
- Apply tools of bioinformatics in genomic analysis.
- Analyze how data from the Human Genome Project is used in pharmacogenomics to optimize personalized medicine therapy.
- Identify various applications of recombinant DNA technology.
- Explain how the human microbiome and the genomes of animals and plants can be applied to human disease and development.
Gene Regulation, Genetic Mutations, and Genes in Development
- Analyze genetic mutations.
- Examine variations in chromosome number and arrangement that result in inheritable disorders.
- Explain how the Human Genome Project is used to analyze gene expression.
- Explain the levels of regulation of gene expression in eukaryotes.
- Explain the genetic and epigenetic events that lead to cancer.
Gene Development, Behavior, and its Role at the Population Level
- Predict allele frequencies using the Hardy-Weinberg law.
- Identify factors that lead to genetic variations.
- Compare animal models used in developmental genetics research.
- Explain modern genomic concepts.
- Examine the genetics of behavior using animal models.
Cell Division, Chromosomes, and Patterns of Inheritance
Analyze similarities and differences between mitosis and meiosis.
Explain the role that chromosomes and allelic variation play in heredity.
DNA, RNA, and Proteins
- Explain the biological, biochemical, and analytical techniques used to analyze the structure of DNA and RNA.
- Explain the events of DNA replication at the molecular level.
- Illustrate the process of genetic information transfer from DNA to a protein.
- Explain the concept of the genetic code.
- Describe the role of histones and epigenetics in the organization and gene regulation in chromosomal structures.
Tuition for individual courses varies. For more information, please call or chat live with an Enrollment Representative.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.