Above the Law
Single Payer Can t Be Far Behind See Also
Thanks A Lot To All Of Our Awesome Advertisers On ATL
Depression Is Not A Choice
Why PeopleLaw Must Be Essential To Your Practice As A Lawyer
They Disbar You For That, You Know
Surrogate Tries To Keep Baby, Court Doesn’t Care About Genetics
Mo Money, Mo Cravath Matches!
Is The Spate Of Discrimination Class Actions Against Biglaw The Real Reason Behind The ABA’s Initiative On Women At Biglaw?
How To Find A Missing Witness Without Drowning In The Internet
Associate Bonus Watch: Fat Chance This Match Wasn’t Going To Happen
Could It Be. NY To $200K.
Associate Bonus Watch: Dechert Does A Match
FRAME UP! A New Way To Swipe Copyrighted Content
Law Blogs Published By Local Lawyers More Trusted Online Legal Information
John Kennedy Draws The Line At Ghost Hunting
Cardozo Law School
Which law schools are the best for the faithful? Or is that the dumbest question you ve heard today?
Philip Segal of Charles Griffin Intelligence LLC reveals two things you won t learn in law school that would help new lawyers do a better job and probably hold on to their jobs longer.
Lawyers have long been characterized as technology Luddites who are slow to change and wary of innovation. For corporate counsel, though, this stereotype may be fading.
Remember to sign up for the bar crawl for a chance to win a seat on the party bus.
The ATL/Kaplan Bar Review Crawl is now taking requests.
* The NFL has reached a $765 million settlement with the over 4,500 retired concussion victims whose injuries paved the way for the league’s success. [Sports Illustrated]
* Dennis Rodman confidante Kim Jong-un had his ex-girlfriend executed on pornography charges. Kind of puts the whole “revenge porn” thing in perspective. [The Telegraph]
* A lawsuit against Curt Schilling, based on allegations that he deceived the state into giving his company $75 million, will go forward. Like most conservative Republicans, Schilling saw no problem with taking millions in handouts from the government so long as poor people don’t get $4.50 a day for food. [Comcast SportsNet]
* Judge Mark Bennett (N.D. Iowa) ripped the Department of Justice for creating massive drug sentencing disparities because the DOJ went years without a policy for when prosecutors should double the prison time for repeat offenders. In Northern Iowa, that’s a LOT of meth heads in prison. [Des Moines Register]
* Attorneys for the Governor of Pennsylvania equate gay marriage to letting 12-year-olds marry. Just because a demographic calls everything “gay” doesn’t make them gay. [ABA Journal]
* Study shows academics use lots of adjectives and adverbs. This is really a very terrific and awesome study. [TaxProf Blog]
* Polygraphs are inadmissible, but remember invisible jets are A-OK. [Texts from Superheroes]
* REMINDER: OK NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Cardozo, and NYLS students! It’s time to send nominations to us for where you want us to go on the Great Above the Law/Kaplan Bar Review Bar Crawl. Send bar nominations to [email protected], subject: “Bar Crawl.” See you on September 18th! [Above the Law]