Chicago Business Litigation Lawyers
The Clinton Law Firm is a general practice litigation firm assisting clients throughout the Chicago area in a variety of legal matters, with a particular focus on business disputes and commercial litigation issues. Established in 1992, our Chicago business litigation lawyers have been providing efficient, responsive, and cost-effective legal representation for Illinois corporations and individuals for nearly two decades.
Protecting the best interests of small businesses
Firm partners Edward X. Clinton and his son, Edward X. Clinton, Jr., founded the firm on a unique combination of professionalism, assertiveness, and personalized service. We are dedicated to promoting and protecting our clients’ interests, while providing prompt, effective legal counsel. We take a results-oriented approach to the practice of law and are committed to responding swiftly to all inquiries and offering candid legal advice to every client we take.
Preeminent Illinois Business Lawyers Provide High-Quality, Cost-Effective Representation
In addition, our Chicago business litigation attorneys are dedicated to serving the community through charitable giving and sponsorships and regularly offer pro bono legal services to clients who would otherwise be without the means to obtain representation.
Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation
At The Clinton Law Firm, our attorneys put a great deal of effort into ensuring that each client receives a cost-conscious resolution to their legal problems, tailored to their particular needs. We offer flexible fee arrangements, including sometimes working on contingency. To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case with one of our exceptional Chicago business litigation attorneys, call us at 312.357.1515 or contact us online today.
We represent clients only pursuant to a written engagement letter. The engagement letter sets forth the nature of the work and explains how we will charge for that particular matter. We do not accept any clients, or begin work for anyone who has not signed an engagement letter. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Rush University Sues Medical Equipment Provider For Breach of Contract RUSH UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER v. DRAEGER, INC., Dist. Court, ND Illinois 2017 – Google Scholar:In 2011, Rush purchased a patient monitoring system
- Lawyers Obtain Rule 137 Sanctions Against Former Client WILLIAMS MONTGOMERY JOHN LIMITED v. Broaddus, 2017 IL App (1st) 161063 – Ill: Appellate Court, 1st Dist., 6th Div. 2017 – Google Scholar:
- Breach of Contract Claim Governed by UCC Statute of Limitations Heiman v. BIMBO FOODS BAKERIES DISTRIBUTION CO., Dist. Court, ND Illinois 2017 – Google Scholar:Plaintiff sued Bimbo alleging breach of a distribution
- Texas Court Holds That Res Judicata Bars Divorce Malpractice Claim After his divorce case concluded Lancaster sued his former attorney for malpractice. The claim included allegations of fraudulent billing and other
- Attorney Fails To File An Appeal But Legal Malpractice Case is Dismissed Anyway This is a divorce malpractice case where a lawyer allegedly failed to timely appeal a divorce judgment against his client. His client (Ex-Husband)
- Attorney’s Collection Lawsuit Does Not Bar Later Malpractice Claim This issue comes up every now and then. An attorney files a collection lawsuit against a client and obtains a judgment against the client. (Here the
- District Court Allows Expedited Discovery Where Plaintiff Concerned that Defendant is Hiding Assets The case is captioned Tungsten Heavy Powder and Parts v. Khem Precision Machining, 17 cv 1882 (S.D. California). This is a collection case where
- Defendant City Sanctioned For Failing to Designate Rule 30(b)(6) Witness Wheat v. City of East Cleveland This is a civil rights case filed by four men who were released from prison after serving ten years of their
- “Flimsy” Case Dismissed, But No Rule 11 Sanctions Awarded This is a case where the plaintiff’s complaint was dismissed, but sanctions were denied. A medical provider hired Capital Collection to try to collect