Elder Law Legal Resources on the Web
Elder Law Related Legal Resources on the Web
- Access America for Seniors. a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- National Senior Citizens Law Center. Current issues in Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, benefits and eligibility.
- Resources on Aging by the U.S. Administration on Community Living. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Home Page
- The National Council on the Aging
- National Health Law Program. A national public interest law firm that seeks to improve health care for America s working and unemployed poor, minorities, the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services including Downloadable Resources .
- Nanny Tax Employment Taxes for Household Employers
- Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center
- CataLaw. Elder Law Sites
- Flying Solo. dealing with divorce and separation and matters affecting the elderly and disabled.
Reverse Mortgage Information
Medicare and Social Security Information
Nursing Home Law
Elder Abuse and Neglect
Advanced Directives Health Care Proxies
Estate Planning Resources on the Web
Federal Government Resources
- Internet Law Library. (This was formerly U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library )
- FirstGov. A site to search federal government websites. A website to provide the public with easy, one-stop access to all online U.S. Federal Government resources.
- FirstGov for Seniors. a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- Thomas. U.S. House of Representatives Resource on Senate House Bills in the current legislative session.
- Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. Info on Medicaid and Medicare.
- CMS s State Medicaid Manual
- The Social Security Administration and The SSA Handbook
- Official U.S. Government Web Site for Medicare Information
- Department of Health and Human Services
- FedWorld access to government information services. operated by the National Technical Information Service.
- IRS home page with downloadable tax forms and publications.
- The Internal Revenue Bulletin (IRB) is the authoritative instrument of the IRS for announcing all substantive ruling necessary to promote a uniform application of tax law.
- Additional IRS Products Available Online (Actions on Decisions, Service Center Advice, IRS written determinations)
- Obtain an EIN on-line
- The Bureau of the Public Debt administers a securities investment program called Treasury Direct .
The Federal Courts
Federal Statutes and Regulations
State Law Resources
- ALSO! (American Law Sources On-Line) provides a comprehensive, uniform, and useful compilation of links to all on-line sources of American law that are available without charge (Covers U.S. Canada Mexico)
- Municipal Codes On-line. nation-wide list of links to city and county codes on the World Wide Web.
- Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA): Quick Access to Tax Forms from All States
- Illinois Court Decisions. Illinois Judicial System Online Office of the Reporter of Decisions Opinions of the Supreme and Appellate Courts
- Medi-Cal information from the California Health Care Foundation
- New York Legal Materials (Cornell)
New York State Resources
New York State Judicial Branch
New York State Executive Branch
Law School Resources
Some General Legal Resource Locators
Some ElderCare Miscellaneous Related Resources on the Web
- SeniorAssistance.net is a site specifically with the elderly in mind. It is setup to extend help, guidance, and provide links to the products and services that cater to senior citizens.
- MySeniorCare. find up-to-date information on home health care agencies assisted living facilities hospice nursing and more.
- SeniorHomes.com is a resource for finding local senior residential options. It has information on nursing homes, assisted living, memory care and retirement communities, as well as articles on important senior housing topics.
- Assisted Living Source is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Assisted Living Community, Nursing Home, Retirement Community, Alzheimer s Care Facility, or Independent Living Community.
- Assisted Living Directory is a directory of facility information.
- SeniorAdvisor.com provides prices ratings for senior communities.
- Home Care Profile is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Home Care Service.
- The Merck Manual of Geriatrics. 2d Edition (On-line)
- Eldercare Web
- Alzheimer Solutions
- International Association for Financial Planning
- ThirdAge. A Web community of active older adults, 50+ and seniors. Features chat, free stuff, discounts, health care, computers, retirement, investing, care giving, travel, news, and more!
- Transitions, Inc. Elder Care Consultants
- Elder Information and Assistance. a resource that provides professional assistance and links to the information about aging issues
- Senior Resource. housing and lifestyle choices and how to plan and pay for them
- Mr. Long-Term Care. news and information on aging, caregiving and long-term care
- CareGuide.com. diectories, articles, newsletters tools for Elder Care Child Care
Other Non-Internet Resources
- Statewide Senior Legal Hotlines funded by Older Americans Act, Legal Services and State Bar Associations.
Articles for Attorneys
by Goldfarb Abrandt Salzman & Kutzin LLP