Loss Control Mobile Apps
Analyze and improve your, or your clients , workers compensation experience modification factor. SmartMod allows users to calculate their experience modification factor and estimate the impact of a loss increase or decrease on their mod. SmartMod can be used in all NCCI states and in some independent rating bureau states.
- Provides loss control recommendations to help users reduce the overall mod
- Allows the mod analysis to be saved and opened for later review
- Allows the output and recommendations to be emailed with an option to include notes
Walkway Check FREE
Walkway Check is a safety app that allows easy reporting of slip and fall hazards, the leading cause of unintentional injuries in the United States.
According to the National Safety Council, approximately 35 percent of all nonfatal injuries are due to injuries sustained from a fall. Approximately 25,000 slip and fall accidents happen every day in the workplace. Walkway Check from EMC Insurance Companies makes it easy to identify and report hazards that can lead to these slip and fall incidents. The app:
- Allows organizations to better identify and communicate slip and fall hazards. The Report a Hazard feature allows easy impromptu reporting of slip and fall hazards by any member of an organization via text or email for follow-up action. Users can take pictures and add comments about the hazard when sending it to the appropriate party in their organization.
- Assists users in conducting walkway hazard inspections at their facilities. The Inspect Walkway tool can create a PDF report for all slip and fall hazards identified during a walkway inspection. Prepopulated, categorized observations of common slip and fall hazards and the option to include possible solutions from EMC safety professionals simplifies the inspection and reporting process.
- Quick access to additional resources from EMC Insurance Companies.
from EMC Insurance Companies FREE
A disaster can be a stressful time for individuals and businesses. Being prepared for the unexpected is the best way for a business to limit negative impacts of a disaster, avoid or limit extra expenses, protect revenues and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
OFB-EZ Mobile can make it easy for any small business to create a valuable business continuity plan and stay Open For Business when a disaster strikes. Create, access, edit, share and reference your plan conveniently from your mobile device and/or your desktop with the companion Chrome App.
This app is designed to help you identify, document and maintain:
- Priority of risks to your business operations
- Critical business functions and contingencies
- Employee contact information to facilitate communications
- Contact information for key customers, suppliers and vendors
- Technology, data, and connectivity needed to support business functions
- Financial preparations to improve response and recovery
OFB-EZ Mobile was created in cooperation with the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, a leading national expert on preparing for catastrophes, both large and small.
LiftRight makes it easier than ever to use the NIOSH Lifting Equation to analyze the safety of lifting tasks. Just enter your lift data and let LiftRight perform the calculations for you.
- Illustrated measurement guide helps you measure accurately
- Calculates multipliers, recommended weight limit (RWL) and
lifting index (LI)
- Provides recommendations to help you improve the safety of the lift
- Saves completed lifts to revisit later
- Includes option to attach notes or photos for more complete lift information
- Allows measurements to be entered in English units or metric units
ERG 2012 FREE
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
This mobile version of the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) 2012 is meant to provide emergency first responders with quick access to information needed to effectively manage hazardous material incidents.
FEMA App FREE
Federal Emergency Management Administration
FEMA s mobile app is designed to help users prepare for and react to emergencies. Features include weather alerts from the National Weather Service, tips for staying safe during many types of disasters and a map of open disaster shelters.
Heat Safety Tool FREE
Occupational Safety Health Administration
OSHA s Heat Safety Tool provides mobile access to information about working safely during hot conditions. Users can calculate the heat index for their worksite and find out the risk level for workers in those conditions. You can also choose to receive reminders for preventative measures such as scheduling rest breaks or training employees to recognize symptoms of heat illness.
Ladder Safety App FREE
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
The Ladder Safety App can help you select the appropriate ladder type for your planned task and guide you through a pre-use inspection. You can also use it to check the angle of your ladder to make sure it s positioned safely.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
QCMobile allows quick access to information about the safety performance of interstate truck and bus companies.
Rail Crossing Locator FREE
Federal Railroad Administration
Use this app for mobile access to the highway-rail grade crossing database. You can locate crossings by USDOT Crossing ID, address or geo-location and view accident histories.
School IAQ Assessment Tool FREE
Environmental Protection Agency
This app provides mobile access to EPA’s IAQ Tools for Schools Action Kit, which provides strategies to help schools manage indoor air quality by addressing ventilation, cleaning, radon and environmental asthma triggers.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
The WISER app provides mobile access to information needed in the event of a hazardous material incident, including help identifying an unknown substance or chemical syndrome and guidance for immediate actions.