JD Degree Requirements
To receive the Juris Doctor from USC Gould, you must successfully complete the following:
- first-year curriculum, including a choice of three electives in the spring semester
- 88 total units, 65 of which must come from regularly scheduled classes (excluding practicums, externships, journals and independent research projects)
- 35 upper-division graded units
- six semesters of full-time attendance
- upper-division writing requirement
- practical skills course requirement to experiential course requirement requires taking six units from qualifying simulation courses, law clinics or field placements
Start the online application process.
Schedule a Tour
Come experience life at USC Gould.
Visit a Classroom
Sit in on a real class session.
Browse our Viewbook
Download our informative viewbook.
Check Application Status
Check your application status online.
Meet your JD student ambassadors.
Admitted Students Portal
Log in to our admitted students portal.
Still have questions? Let us help.
- Contact Us
- Visit Us
- ABA Required Disclosures
- Emergency Information
USC Gould School of Law