California Dealer Fraud, Repair Fraud and Lemon Law Lawyers
The Law Offices of Robert B. Mobasseri represent consumers in the legal areas of California Lemon Law, Federal Lemon Law, and Consumer Law including Auto Fraud, Dealer Fraud and Repair Fraud.
Our extremely high success rate (99%), coupled with our reputation for thorough research and willingness to litigate to the fullest extent of the law, keeps us active throughout California from San Diego to San Francisco, as well as in rural areas where adequate representation isn’t always available.
If you think that you might need an attorney specializing in Lemon Law, Auto Fraud, Dealer Fraud or Repair Fraud, then either give us a call at (213) 282-2000 to discuss your case, or fill out the easy FREE case evaluation form and we will call you back to discuss your legal options. There will be no charge for the evaluation and our firm is available by appointment for evening and weekend consultations.
When dealing with California Lemon Law, Federal Lemon Law, Dealer Fraud or Repair Fraud, our attorneys are well versed in the complexities of the law and are up to date on newly issued court rulings, as well as their effect on consumers’ rights and remedies.
California Lemon Law
Automotive Fraud, Dealer Fraud and Repair Fraud
- Odometer Fraud / Rollback Fraud – Altering an odometer, failing to report that an odometer has been changed or repaired or falsifying documentation regarding an odometer’s mileage is against the law.
- Rewritten Contract / Backdating – If a dealership asks you to sign a new contract, the date of the new contract may not be backdated to the date of the original contract, even if you sign an Acknowledgment of Rewritten Contract.
- Undisclosed Flood Damage – Flood damage reduces a vehicle’s value and over time corrodes the electrical system causing components and systems to eventually fail including safety features. Vehicle flood damage must be disclosed prior to a sale.
- Undisclosed Previous Executive or Demonstrator Vehicle – Executive Vehicles and Demonstrators, sometimes referred to as a “Demo,” “Brass Hat” or “Program” car must have the vehicle’s prior use clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
- Undisclosed Lemon Law Buyback – Vehicles that were repurchased by a manufacturer or dealership for any defect under the CA Lemon Law must be branded and disclosed as a “Lemon Law Buyback”.
- Undisclosed Gray Market Vehicle – Vehicles that were not manufactured for sale in the United States may not be covered by manufacturer’s warranties and must be disclosed as a “Gray Market Vehicle” prior to being sold.
- Contract Not In Language Negotiated – When a negotiation to purchase or lease a vehicle is primarily in the Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese or Korean language, then the buyer of the vehicle is entitled to a translation of the contract and Buyer’s Guide in the negotiated language prior to signing any agreements.
- Payment Packing / Deal Packing – A dealer cannot quote a higher monthly payment than a vehicle sells or leases for, and then misrepresent an offer to add free or discounted items to a vehicle’s contract in order to keep the inflated profit.
- Yo-Yo Financing / Spot Delivery Fraud / Conditional Delivery Scam – California dealer fraud occurs when a buyer is allowed to take possession of a vehicle after the dealer and buyer have agreed upon the terms of the vehicle’s purchase or lease agreement including the down payment, bank rate, length of payments and an accepted trade-in, but later the dealership falsely claims that a lender is requesting that the terms of the contract need to change or that the buyer will have to return the vehicle.
We fight for your rights because if you have a Lemon Car, Truck, SUV, Motorcycle or Recreational Vehicle (RV),or if a dealership has committed fraud against you, then you may be entitled to get your money back, a new replacement of your vehicle or monetary compensation.
If you suspect that your vehicle may be a Lemon, or that you may be a victim of Vehicle Fraud, Dealer Fraud or Repair Fraud, then either give us a call at 213-282-2000 or fill out our FREE Vehicle Evaluation Form and one of our CA Lemon Law and Dealer Fraud Attorneys will review your case to discuss what legal options are available to you.