Prepare for the national certification exams (CCMA, CPT, CET) in less than a year!
The Medical Assistant program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who seek to work in the Medical and Clinical industry with an emphasis on clinical procedures. The student will have the opportunity to learn basic laboratory tests, Phlebotomy, perform and interpret Electrocardiograms (EKG’s), Anatomy and Physiology of body systems, assist with examinations and positively communicate with patients and other healthcare team members. Students who successfully complete the program can seek employment in hospitals, public or private medical offices, home health agencies, or insurance companies (claims adjusters).
An externship at the end of the program puts what the students have learned into practice in an actual medical facility and may lead to employment in the field.
Medical Assistant Program Goals and Outcomes
- Acquire knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Become knowledgeable in insurance billing, be able to explain insurance benefits
- Assist doctors and nurses in clinical settings
- Be trained in phlebotomy, EKG, taking vitals, injections
- Be prepared for the national certification exams (CCMA, CPT, CET)
32 semester credit hours
Certified Medical Assistant
Mobile Medical Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant
Course outline is available here .
To enroll into the Medical Assistant program students must meet the school requirements for admittance and also prove competency in mathematics.
Have questions or ready to get started? Call us at 847-324-5588 or request more informationvia e-mail.
* By submitting the request form on this website, I agree that Chicago ORT Technical Institute may contact me regarding educational services via email, telephone, text message, or automated technology at the email address and phone numbers provided. I understand this consent is not required to attend Chicago ORT Technical Institute.
Chicago ORT Technical Institute made possible by the generosity of the Zarem and Golde families