Learn about Northwestern’s rich history and what sets us apart.
Find exceptional programs in every school across all disciplines.
Learn how to apply and begin your Northwestern Direction.
Explore what makes our campuses great places to visit, learn and live.
Access the resources that foster breakthroughs and new ideas.
Help Northwestern thrive.
Who Is This Mummy Girl?
Northwestern leads first-of-its-kind mummy study to reveal clues to girlвЂ™s story.
At Northwestern, students, alumni, faculty and staff create their own definitions of success.
Meet some of our people
Bordered by a Great Lake and a global city, our campus offers the best of both worlds.
Explore campus highlights
From concerts to lectures, there is always something happening on campus.
More Campus Events
See whatвЂ™s happening right now, on campus and around the world.
From Wildcat to royalty: Alumna Meghan Markle to marry Prince Harry
Bienen School of Music faculty among 2018 Grammy nominees
Synthetic cannabis-like drug reduces sleep apnea
Three elected foreign members of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Gift creates epigenetics center at Feinberg School of Medicine
Former Gov. Pat Quinn donates archives to Northwestern
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
A truly welcoming community.
Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Campus Inclusion Community cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Knight Lab, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Interdisciplinary Biological Sciences (IBiS), a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Oncofertility Consortium, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Northwestern-sponsored study abroad programs, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI), study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- Buffett Institute for Global Studies, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- Research centers, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research ([email protected]), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- Northwestern Scholars database, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
The Arts Circle. Your destination for world-class performances and exhibitions. The Arts Together.
Go to Arts Circle
Learn about Northwestern’s many centers, institutes and curricula that focus on generating ideas and commercializing them.
Go to Innovation
Northwestern sports 19 highly competitive varsity athletic programs. Get the latest Wildcat news from around the Big Ten.
Go to Nusports.com
Watch and Learn
This is Northwestern.
Ours is a unique environment. One that unites knowledge and ideas, ambition and imagination, hard work and joy.