Canadian Business College s award-winning Paralegal courses provide Ontario students with the training necessary to enter and succeed in the demanding paralegal profession. At Canadian Business College, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the legal concepts and procedures necessary to succeed as a paralegal in both legal and business work environments.
Complete our Paralegal Program in One Year
The Canadian Business College Paralegal Program is accredited by the Law Society of Upper Canada. Graduates who complete our paralegal courses are eligible to take the Law Society s Paralegal Licensing Exam. This paralegal license enables graduates to to give legal advice and to represent both clients and organizations. Once licensed, paralegals have the right to appear before certain courts, boards and tribunals throughout the province of Ontario.
Why Choose the Canadian Business College Paralegal Program?
- One Year Program: Our academic program is 52 weeks long
- Study with practicing lawyers, and paralegals: Our Paralegal courses are taught by instructors that have specialized in their subject areas and pass their real world knowledge on to you.
- Acquire the best skills available: We teach the Harvard Method of Negotiations.
- Day or Evening classes: Canadian Business College offers you the flexibility you need for your career and your family
- Welcoming Environment: Enjoy easy access to the head of our Faculty of Law and In-house counsel.
Paralegal Diploma Program Modules
- Introduction to the Canadian Legal System
- Legal Communication and the Law Office
- Microsoft Office
- Legal Research
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Litigation Process
- Small Claims Court
- Criminal Practice
- Provincial Offences Practice
- Administrative Law
- Tribunal Practice
- Landlord and Tenant Law
- Personal Injury
- Legal Accounting
- Practice Management
- Employment Law
Paralegal Career Outlook
Paralegals will continue to be in high demand well into the next decade. Careercast.com ranks Paralegals #13 on their list of The Top 200 Best Jobs. Graduates of the Canadian Business College Paralegal diploma program are employed as paralegals and legal clerks in private law firms, corporate law departments, federal, provincial and local government agencies, in agencies providing legal services and many begin independent practices or with fellow graduates.
Paralegal is offered at:
Contact us today and learn more about financial aid, tuition, start dates, and more! Click here