Welcome to the TMCC Paralegal/Law Program: the only American Bar Association-approved program in Nevada!
About Our Program
TMCC is the only community college in northern Nevada to offer on-campus the Westlaw online research tool for its Paralegal/Law Program, and to be approved by the American Bar Association. Portions of the credits you earn in the Paralegal/Law degree program may be transferable to other Nevada state four-year institutions.
Online education is offered via:
- LAW 204: Torts
- LAW 205: Contracts
- LAW 255: Probate, Trust and Guardianship
- LAW 232: Procedure – Criminal
- LAW 251: Bankruptcy
- LAW 233: Business Structures
- LAW 252: Family Law
- LAW 263: Ethics
Choose TMCC’s Paralegal/Law Program
- Begin a career as a paralegal with your AAS degree.
- Qualify for paralegal positions in a variety of settings; working with licensed attorneys in private legal practice, the public legal system and corporate legal departments.
- Learn from licensed, practicing attorneys and experienced, certified paralegals who emphasize the practical aspects of legal work.
- Train in the use of electronic research with Westlaw Online on TMCC’s Dandini Campus and through the College’s exclusive partnership with Westlaw.
- Research, investigate, write and prepare pleadings and forms under the direct supervision of attorneys, and receive substantive and procedural law training.
- Enter a dynamic employment market.
AAS Degree Information
Complete TMCC’s Paralegal/Law Program in five semesters/two years.
In order to graduate with the AAS degree as a paralegal, students must complete LAW 101: Fundamentals of Law with a grade of “B” or better, and must maintain an average of 3.0 GPA in all law-related courses.
An Associate of Applied Science degree in Paralegal/Law does not qualify the recipient to practice law. Paralegals are required to work under the supervision of a lawyer who has been admitted to the bar. Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
This program does not qualify you to take a bar exam, to practice law or perform legal services without the supervision of a licensed attorney.
TMCC’s Paralegal/Law Program will prepare you for a career as a paralegal, or for a position in which organizational and analytical skills as well as knowledge of the law and legal procedures are necessary. We offer a wide variety of courses that enhance your professional development and create a new career path.
Additionally, students may be able to transfer portions of the credits earned within the program toward a four-year degree at other Nevada state educational institutions.
Paralegal occupational resource information can be found at O*NET OnLine.
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 207P
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Telephone: 775-673-7098 or Fax: 775-674-7514