#south african law
PLEASE NOTE: The database is a work in progress and does not yet contain all the Legislation for South Africa.
CONTRIBUTION REQUEST: We rely on your contributions to continue to provide the Legislation free to everyone. If this website is important to you, please go to the ” Contributions” tab
The website contains:
- Updated or consolidated legislation. All amendments are included.
- “Current legislation” gives you access to the latest or “in force” version.
- Regulations to Acts. (Where the full text is not available, this may be requested)
- Using Historical versions of Acts and Regulations, or “Point-in-time” legislation makes it possible to look at a piece of legislation as it was at a particular time. For example – if a matter arose or occurred in June 2005 one would need to use the version of the applicable Act for that time. If it was a liquidation or sequestration matter one would consult the Insolvency Act 24 of 1936, using the appropriate chronological period, or the appropriate historical version.
- The Acts and Regulations are in PDF format.
All these documents should also be available on the SAFLII website.
Support is provided by the University of Pretoria.